- Trifocals are lenses for eyeglasses with three levels of prescription. Similar to bifocals, trifocals
add a third section for correction.
- The main portion is usually focused for distance (20 feet and beyond)
- The center segment for about 2 feet
- The lower segment for near 14 inches
- They are designed to provide clear
vision for near use and use at a distance, as well as intermediate or
Also, like the bifocal lens, the intermediate and near segment provide more visual comfort and larger space to focus through.